Central Office relies on all members to meet its mission. Support comes via monetary contributions, and by volunteer workers. Our latest statement of financial condition is at the bottom of this page.
Please click this button to make a donation to Central Office via Paypal (You will exit this site and return to it once your transaction is complete).
Central Office “exists to aid the groups in their common purpose of carrying the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers.” In order to accomplish this, your support is vital. You may see our financial status in the table below. Your Central Office is financed solely by:
• Direct financial contributions from A.A. groups
• Tax deductible contributions from individual members up to $3000 yearly. Your accountant or tax professional can advise.
• Proceeds from sales of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services and Grapevine literature and other related A.A. material.
• Special events by and for A.A. members, keeping in mind our Seventh Tradition.
• Make a monetary contribution via check or money order, payable to Central Office of Albuquerque. Mail or drop off in person at 1921 Alvarado Drive, NE Albuquerque, NM 87110.
• “Faithful Fiver” or “Trusted Tenner”, who and contribute either $5 or $10 monthly. Set up Auto Pay or Bill Pay with your bank to automatically send us a monthly contribution in any amount you choose. What could be easier? Use the address in the paragraph immediately above.
• Use the Paypal button at the top of this page.
• Contribute with a secure credit card transaction.
The following table shows the Profit and Loss statement for the first quarter of 2021. While we lost a bit ($526.27) in March, the quarter as a whole was in the black! Thank you all for you generosity!
In spite of the pandemic, we had a net loss of only $4,029.62 for the most recent calendar year (2020), a loss of about 25%. The generosity of the Fellowship in the Districts served by Central Office (both groups and individuals) is remarkable! We require the generosity of our members to continue operating. Please consider donating, or purchasing your AA literature and sobriety chips through Central Office. Thank you.
Here is a downloadable PDF of our Profit and Loss Statement.
Central Office cannot be fully effective without volunteers. We need Desk Workers, who work a regular shift, answer phone calls, and sell AA merchandise. This is a great opportunity to help the alcoholic in need. Sharing your experience, strength, and hope with an desperate alcoholic is truly one of the best ways to carry the message. Call Central Office at (505) 266-1900 to find which shifts are available.
To apply to become a Desk Worker, please drop by the office and ask for the application. Applications must be made in-person. You will receive the required training from the Coordinator, Alternate Coordinator, or an experienced volunteer.
The Steering Committee is a committee that monitors and supports the overall operations of the Central Office. Members are expected to attend monthly meetings of Intergroup, which consists of representatives of groups listed in our Meeting Schedule.