“TELL YOUR DOCTOR”
Help your Intergroup Community Outreach Committee Inform Family Physicians about Alcoholism and about Alcoholics Anonymous
When you next see your Doctor:
1. Make sure the Doctor knows that you are a sober alcoholic.
2. Briefly share (a) what it was like for you when you were drinking (b) what happened that made you want sobriety, and (c) how AA helped you to get sober and stay sober.
3. Leave some pamphlets with the Doctor (these will be packaged and available for pick up at Central Office or from your GSR).
4. If you are willing and comfortable, (this is not required):
- offer to talk to any patients of the Doctor who have questions about recovery in AA
- offer to accompany patients to their first AA meeting
“Each group has but one primary purpose — to carry its message to the alcoholic who still suffers.”A.A. Big Book – Tradition Five
Questions? Contact email@example.com