What Is a Central Office?
A central office (or intergroup) is an A.A. service office that involves partnership among groups in a community - just as A.A. groups themselves are partnerships of individuals. A central office is established to carry out certain functions common to all the groups - functions which are best handled by a centralized office - and it is usually maintained, supervised, and supported by these groups in their general interest. It exists to aid the groups in their common purpose of carrying the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers.
- Reprinted by permission from "MG-02 A.A. Guidelines: Central or Intergroup Offices" published by The General Service Office (GSO), Box 459, Grand Central Station, New York, 10163
What Is Albuquerque
|Committee Chair||Lindsey C.|
|Editor, Pass It On||Vacant|
|Website Chair||Leanna S.|
|Schedule Editor||Lydia R.|
|Community Outreach||Jeff C.|
|Special Needs Coordinator||Alaina G.|
|Member at Large||Vacant|
|Media Librarian||Ric R.|
|Central Office Coordinator||Michael W.|
|Central Office Alternate Coordinator||Debra|
|Click a name to send an email. Click a title to view the description and email address.|
Any member of Alcoholics Anonymous with previous or current experience with the Central Office having at least 2 years of continuous sobriety shall be eligible for office.
- Central Office By-laws, Article V, Section 2
All steering committee members shall be elected by the Intergroup Representatives for a term of two years, with elections held each year for half of the members ("staggered" terms). Officers shall be eligible for reelection to the same office for one succeeding two-year term.
• In addition to their other duties, every member is a voting member of the Steering Committee. Each member shall attend monthly Steering Committee Meetings at 7:15 PM on the Tuesday prior to the Intergroup Representatives Meeting.
• Steering Committee members shall also attend the Intergroup Representatives Meeting held on the second Sunday of each month at 2:00 PM.
• The monthly general Steering Committee meeting is held at St. Mark's on the Mesa Episcopal Church:
431 Richmond Place NE, Albuquerque
• The monthly general Intergroup Representatives meeting is held at the Brownbaggers location:
3939 San Pedro NE, Bldg. F, Suite A
• Steering Committee Members are entrusted to monitor the overall operations of the Central Office and make necessary proposals to the Intergroup Representatives.
Central Office of Albuquerque, Inc. Bylaws
Amended and Restated, March 2012
Click to read the full text